If you are thinking of working in Australia while you have a holiday, this may be the Visa for you.

To be eligible to apply you need to:

  • be between 18 and 30 years of age
  • without any dependent children staying with you while in Australia,
  • have a passport from an eligible country
  • have enough money to
    • support yourself in Australia while on your working holiday
    • buy a return or outward travel ticket at the end of your stay.

working holiday

(subclass 417)

You are usually only able to work for one employer for a maximum period of six months.
This Visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to a year, work, study for up to 4 months, as well as leave and enter Australia as many times as you like while the Visa is valid.

work and holiday Visa

(subclass 462)

Can generally only work for six months with any one employer.
You can also apply for a second Work and Holiday Visa if you work for three months or more in northern Australia in tourism, hospitality, or agriculture, forestry or fishing.